NEWPORT — A judge has declared a mistrial after jurors were unable to reach a verdict in the trial of a Vermont woman accused of biting her daughter during an argument.
Annie Croteau of Newport told jurors she bit her 15-year-old daughter, Sarah, on the arm in self-defense. She said her daughter grabbed her own arm so roughly she thought it would be broken.
But Sarah Croteau testified she was doing the dishes when her 57-year-old mother came up behind her, pinched her in the rear while grabbing a cellphone from her back pocket, and then bit her when she tried to defend herself.
The Caledonian-Record reported that jurors in Orleans County were unable to reach a verdict last Friday.MORE IN Vermont NewsRUTLAND-Vermont's largest electric utility says its customers won't be seeing any increases in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation