Science Pub looks at electric vehiclesStaff Report | February 26,2013CASTLETON — A Green Mountain College professor will speak about electric cars during the upcoming Science Pub at 4 p.m. Sunday at the Iron Lantern Restaurant in Castleton.
Steven Letendre, associate professor of economics and environmental studies at GMC, will discuss how electric cars can reduce people’s reliance on oil and even provide power when the grid goes down.
The Iron Lantern Restaurant is located at 272 Route 4A in Castleton.
For more information, visit www.castletonfreelibrary.org/friends, call 468-5574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.