Three-vehicle crash injures womanFebruary 26,2013WOODFORD — A three-vehicle crash in Woodford on Route 9 on Sunday left a West Dover woman with a possible neck injury, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Jordan Mantello, 17, of Troy, N.Y., was driving a 2003 Cadillac Deville west on Route 9 when he fell asleep at the wheel, police said.
The Cadillac crossed the center line and collided with a 2000 Subaru Legacy driven by Jollene Mahon, 35, of West Dover. The Legacy spun around several times causing another collision with a 2008 Nissan pickup driven by Richard Setzer, 28, of Bennington, police said.
Mahon was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with a possible neck injury. Mantello and two of his passengers were also taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said it was snowing and the roads were icy at the time of the crash.
All vehicles involved sustained significant damage from the crash and were towed from the scene.
Troopers with the Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the crash.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.