Three-vehicle crash injures womanFebruary 26,2013WOODFORD — A three-vehicle crash in Woodford on Route 9 on Sunday left a West Dover woman with a possible neck injury, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Jordan Mantello, 17, of Troy, N.Y., was driving a 2003 Cadillac Deville west on Route 9 when he fell asleep at the wheel, police said.
The Cadillac crossed the center line and collided with a 2000 Subaru Legacy driven by Jollene Mahon, 35, of West Dover. The Legacy spun around several times causing another collision with a 2008 Nissan pickup driven by Richard Setzer, 28, of Bennington, police said.
Mahon was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with a possible neck injury. Mantello and two of his passengers were also taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said it was snowing and the roads were icy at the time of the crash.
All vehicles involved sustained significant damage from the crash and were towed from the scene.
Troopers with the Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the crash.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.