Three-vehicle crash injures womanFebruary 26,2013WOODFORD — A three-vehicle crash in Woodford on Route 9 on Sunday left a West Dover woman with a possible neck injury, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Jordan Mantello, 17, of Troy, N.Y., was driving a 2003 Cadillac Deville west on Route 9 when he fell asleep at the wheel, police said.
The Cadillac crossed the center line and collided with a 2000 Subaru Legacy driven by Jollene Mahon, 35, of West Dover. The Legacy spun around several times causing another collision with a 2008 Nissan pickup driven by Richard Setzer, 28, of Bennington, police said.
Mahon was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with a possible neck injury. Mantello and two of his passengers were also taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said it was snowing and the roads were icy at the time of the crash.
All vehicles involved sustained significant damage from the crash and were towed from the scene.
Troopers with the Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the crash.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.