Young man found
dead in car
ST. ALBANS — Police in St. Albans are investigating the death of a 17-year old male found slumped inside of a motor vehicle at a park-and-ride area.
Police said a caller alerted them at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday that he knocked on the driver’s window in an attempt to rouse the teen, but had no success.
Police found the young man slumped over the steering wheel. After failed attempts to awaken him, a police officer smashed out the front passenger window. He discovered that the teen wasn’t breathing and had no pulse. He was taken to a hospital.
The deceased was identified as Logan Newell of Georgia, Vt. No evidence of foul play was detected and Newell’s cause of death remains unknown.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.