Young man found
dead in car
ST. ALBANS — Police in St. Albans are investigating the death of a 17-year old male found slumped inside of a motor vehicle at a park-and-ride area.
Police said a caller alerted them at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday that he knocked on the driver’s window in an attempt to rouse the teen, but had no success.
Police found the young man slumped over the steering wheel. After failed attempts to awaken him, a police officer smashed out the front passenger window. He discovered that the teen wasn’t breathing and had no pulse. He was taken to a hospital.
The deceased was identified as Logan Newell of Georgia, Vt. No evidence of foul play was detected and Newell’s cause of death remains unknown.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.