Snowmobile crash kills NY manFebruary 25,2013PERU ó A New York state man died in a snowmobile crash Sunday morning, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said Verouzhan Bagramian, 45, of Cropseyville, N.Y., was riding east on a trail toward Griffith Lake when the left ski of his 2011 Ski-Doo clipped a ledge on the east side of the trail. Bagramian lost control and was thrown from his sled into a grove of trees on the right side of the trail, police said. Bagramian was wearing a helmet but it came off during the crash, police said. Police later found the helmet with the chin strap still secured.
Bagramianís fellow travelers called 911 and performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bagramianís death was the second snowmobile fatality in the area in 36 hours. Around 11 p.m. Friday, Batholomew Dougherty, 25, of Pittsfield, died after crashing his 2003 Ski-Doo on Tweed River Drive, police said.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation