Snowmobile crash kills NY manFebruary 25,2013PERU ó A New York state man died in a snowmobile crash Sunday morning, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said Verouzhan Bagramian, 45, of Cropseyville, N.Y., was riding east on a trail toward Griffith Lake when the left ski of his 2011 Ski-Doo clipped a ledge on the east side of the trail. Bagramian lost control and was thrown from his sled into a grove of trees on the right side of the trail, police said. Bagramian was wearing a helmet but it came off during the crash, police said. Police later found the helmet with the chin strap still secured.
Bagramianís fellow travelers called 911 and performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bagramianís death was the second snowmobile fatality in the area in 36 hours. Around 11 p.m. Friday, Batholomew Dougherty, 25, of Pittsfield, died after crashing his 2003 Ski-Doo on Tweed River Drive, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.