Snowmobile crash kills NY manFebruary 25,2013PERU ó A New York state man died in a snowmobile crash Sunday morning, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said Verouzhan Bagramian, 45, of Cropseyville, N.Y., was riding east on a trail toward Griffith Lake when the left ski of his 2011 Ski-Doo clipped a ledge on the east side of the trail. Bagramian lost control and was thrown from his sled into a grove of trees on the right side of the trail, police said. Bagramian was wearing a helmet but it came off during the crash, police said. Police later found the helmet with the chin strap still secured.
Bagramianís fellow travelers called 911 and performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bagramianís death was the second snowmobile fatality in the area in 36 hours. Around 11 p.m. Friday, Batholomew Dougherty, 25, of Pittsfield, died after crashing his 2003 Ski-Doo on Tweed River Drive, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.