Couple facing heroin chargesFebruary 25,2013IRASBURG — The Vermont State Police say a couple from Irasburg is facing heron and variety of other charges after their home was searched by investigators.
Police say the home of Robert Cote and Sonya Perkins, both 24, was searched Thursday after an investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force that lasted for several weeks.
Cote was charged with of sale and trafficking of heroin, possession of depressant, stimulant or narcotic drug, possession of marijuana as well as child endangerment and using a weapon in the commission of a felony. Perkins was charged with trafficking heroin, child endangerment, possession of marijuana, and possession of depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug.
Police say the couple has two children.
Cote is being held on $100,000 bail. Perkins was released.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.