Couple facing heroin chargesFebruary 25,2013IRASBURG — The Vermont State Police say a couple from Irasburg is facing heron and variety of other charges after their home was searched by investigators.
Police say the home of Robert Cote and Sonya Perkins, both 24, was searched Thursday after an investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force that lasted for several weeks.
Cote was charged with of sale and trafficking of heroin, possession of depressant, stimulant or narcotic drug, possession of marijuana as well as child endangerment and using a weapon in the commission of a felony. Perkins was charged with trafficking heroin, child endangerment, possession of marijuana, and possession of depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug.
Police say the couple has two children.
Cote is being held on $100,000 bail. Perkins was released.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.