Man to answer to gun, other chargesStaff Report | February 24,2013POWNAL — A local man is expected in court today to answer charges he pointed a gun at his neighbor.
Christopher Shores Jr., 19, of Pownal, is scheduled to appear in Bennington criminal court to be arraigned on charges of simple assault, reckless endangerment and pointing a firearm at someone.
According to police, Friday night, police responded to a residence on Route 7 and spoke with Mriduls Kumar, 25, who said recently there had been animosity between himself and Shores. Kumar told police Shores had pointed a gun at him while laughing, according to police.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.