Burglar hits three Route 313 homes in one day, police sayFebruary 23,2013ARLINGTON — State police are investigating the alleged burglaries of three Route 313 homes in West Arlington which they believe happened between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday.
In a press release, Trooper Thomas Stange said the items taken from the homes were mostly jewelry and silver.
Police believe the burglaries, which took place within a section of about six miles on Route 313, were related.
Evidence at the scene indicates that whoever was responsible for the burglaries was on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to call Stange at the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword “VTIPS.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.