Burglar hits three Route 313 homes in one day, police sayFebruary 23,2013ARLINGTON — State police are investigating the alleged burglaries of three Route 313 homes in West Arlington which they believe happened between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday.
In a press release, Trooper Thomas Stange said the items taken from the homes were mostly jewelry and silver.
Police believe the burglaries, which took place within a section of about six miles on Route 313, were related.
Evidence at the scene indicates that whoever was responsible for the burglaries was on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to call Stange at the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.