Burglar hits three Route 313 homes in one day, police sayFebruary 23,2013ARLINGTON — State police are investigating the alleged burglaries of three Route 313 homes in West Arlington which they believe happened between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday.
In a press release, Trooper Thomas Stange said the items taken from the homes were mostly jewelry and silver.
Police believe the burglaries, which took place within a section of about six miles on Route 313, were related.
Evidence at the scene indicates that whoever was responsible for the burglaries was on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to call Stange at the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just InStaff Report Full StoryBy Brent Curtis Full StoryBy Erin Mansfield Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.