Irene recovery officers hiredFebruary 23,2013BRATTLEBORO — The Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation announced Friday that two people have been hired to fill Southern Vermont’s two federally funded flood recovery officer positions.
Anthony Summers, of Spokane, Wash., and Wendy Rea Woods, of Dorset, will help public officials and economic development organizations work effectively with businesses and encourage development of collaborations between the public and private sectors. Their high-level goals will include economic restructuring strategies, village and downtown revitalization, and business resiliency in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene.
The positions were funded by $472,000 in disaster recovery funds from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration to the Windham Regional Commission and the Bennington County Regional Commission. Each disaster recovery investment is intended to support a community’s long-term recovery, spur job creation, leverage private investment and promote disaster resiliency.
Summers and Woods will start in March. Summers will work in Brattleboro while Woods will be in Wilmington. They can be best reached by email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the project can be obtained at www.windhamregional.org or www.bcrcvt.com.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.