I overheard my great-grandson talking about some bullying on the playground at their school. Iím talking about first and second graders who were being the bullies.
I also learned from one mother that her son was being bullied and was even afraid to get on the school bus to go to school because he would be bullied at school.
This, to me, is not acceptable behavior and it needs to be addressed, if not by the school, then the school board.
No child should be afraid to go to school because he or she is afraid. The young man told someone at school what had happened and was told to go back and play.
This is something that should not be overlooked and should be addressed. It is a serious problem.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown