Dorothy J. ArnadoFebruary 23,2013
Dorothy J. ArnadoDorothy J. Arnado
Dorothy June Arnado, 77, of Rutland, Vt., died February 17, 2013, at The Pines at Rutland.
She was born August 23, 1935, in Rutland, Vt., to Raymond Beebe and Dorothy (Reed) Beebe.
Mrs. Arnado is survived by grandchildren, Shaun Arnado and his wife Holly, Tiffany (Watson) Taylor and Jim Watson; great-grandchildren, Allison and Michael Arnado, Heaven and Austin Taylor, Sarah, Jacob and Matthew Plucin; sisters, Dora (Beebe) Pidgeon and Sandy (Beebe) Therrien; brother, Donnie Beebe; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 52 years, Vincent Arnado; daughter, Donna (Arnado) Watson; sisters, Marjie (Beebe) Petis and Betty (Beebe) Rotuno; and brothers, Harrison, Bobby, Raymond and Johnny Beebe.
A funeral service will be held Tuesday, February 26, 2013, at 3 p.m. at Tossing Funeral Home with the Rev. Remigius Ntahondi, pastor, officiating.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.