Dorothy J. ArnadoFebruary 23,2013
Dorothy J. ArnadoDorothy J. Arnado
Dorothy June Arnado, 77, of Rutland, Vt., died February 17, 2013, at The Pines at Rutland.
She was born August 23, 1935, in Rutland, Vt., to Raymond Beebe and Dorothy (Reed) Beebe.
Mrs. Arnado is survived by grandchildren, Shaun Arnado and his wife Holly, Tiffany (Watson) Taylor and Jim Watson; great-grandchildren, Allison and Michael Arnado, Heaven and Austin Taylor, Sarah, Jacob and Matthew Plucin; sisters, Dora (Beebe) Pidgeon and Sandy (Beebe) Therrien; brother, Donnie Beebe; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 52 years, Vincent Arnado; daughter, Donna (Arnado) Watson; sisters, Marjie (Beebe) Petis and Betty (Beebe) Rotuno; and brothers, Harrison, Bobby, Raymond and Johnny Beebe.
A funeral service will be held Tuesday, February 26, 2013, at 3 p.m. at Tossing Funeral Home with the Rev. Remigius Ntahondi, pastor, officiating.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.