Helen T. HyjekFebruary 23,2013Helen T. Hyjek
WEST RUTLAND — Helen T. Hyjek, 92, died Feb. 21, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in West Rutland, Oct. 20, 1920, the daughter of Michael and Katherine (Novakowicz) Kuzyk.
She was a homemaker, a nature lover, and enjoyed long walks.
Mrs. Hyjek was a member of St. Stanislaus Kostka Church and West Rutland American Legion Unit 87 Women’s Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Kathleen and Barbara Trepanier, both of West Rutland; four grandchildren, six great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Valentine J. Hyjek, in 1985 and three siblings, Mary Weeks, John and Stanley Kuzyk.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at a later date in St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, as well as burial in St. Stanislaus Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Salvation Army, in care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Mullin-Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.