Helen T. HyjekFebruary 23,2013Helen T. Hyjek
WEST RUTLAND — Helen T. Hyjek, 92, died Feb. 21, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in West Rutland, Oct. 20, 1920, the daughter of Michael and Katherine (Novakowicz) Kuzyk.
She was a homemaker, a nature lover, and enjoyed long walks.
Mrs. Hyjek was a member of St. Stanislaus Kostka Church and West Rutland American Legion Unit 87 Women’s Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Kathleen and Barbara Trepanier, both of West Rutland; four grandchildren, six great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Valentine J. Hyjek, in 1985 and three siblings, Mary Weeks, John and Stanley Kuzyk.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at a later date in St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, as well as burial in St. Stanislaus Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Salvation Army, in care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Mullin-Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.