James L. GoodwinFebruary 21,2013James L. Goodwin Rites
The funeral service for James L. Goodwin, 87, of Rutland, who died Feb. 15, 2013, was held Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka was the vocalist.
The eulogy was offered by Kevin Goodwin.
Honorary bearers were Robert Carroll, Charles McGinnis, Dominic Ferraro and Floyd Van Guilder.
Bearers were Sean, Kevin and James Goodwin, and James McFarlane.
Military honors were provided by American Legion Post 31. Richard White made the flag presentation.
Prayer services were held Monday afternoon at the Clifford Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mount St. Joseph Academy.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.