James L. GoodwinFebruary 21,2013James L. Goodwin Rites
The funeral service for James L. Goodwin, 87, of Rutland, who died Feb. 15, 2013, was held Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka was the vocalist.
The eulogy was offered by Kevin Goodwin.
Honorary bearers were Robert Carroll, Charles McGinnis, Dominic Ferraro and Floyd Van Guilder.
Bearers were Sean, Kevin and James Goodwin, and James McFarlane.
Military honors were provided by American Legion Post 31. Richard White made the flag presentation.
Prayer services were held Monday afternoon at the Clifford Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mount St. Joseph Academy.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.