James L. GoodwinFebruary 21,2013James L. Goodwin Rites
The funeral service for James L. Goodwin, 87, of Rutland, who died Feb. 15, 2013, was held Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka was the vocalist.
The eulogy was offered by Kevin Goodwin.
Honorary bearers were Robert Carroll, Charles McGinnis, Dominic Ferraro and Floyd Van Guilder.
Bearers were Sean, Kevin and James Goodwin, and James McFarlane.
Military honors were provided by American Legion Post 31. Richard White made the flag presentation.
Prayer services were held Monday afternoon at the Clifford Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mount St. Joseph Academy.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.