James L. GoodwinFebruary 21,2013James L. Goodwin Rites
The funeral service for James L. Goodwin, 87, of Rutland, who died Feb. 15, 2013, was held Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist. Brytani Munukka was the vocalist.
The eulogy was offered by Kevin Goodwin.
Honorary bearers were Robert Carroll, Charles McGinnis, Dominic Ferraro and Floyd Van Guilder.
Bearers were Sean, Kevin and James Goodwin, and James McFarlane.
Military honors were provided by American Legion Post 31. Richard White made the flag presentation.
Prayer services were held Monday afternoon at the Clifford Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mount St. Joseph Academy.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.