Elmer F. BurrFebruary 20,2013
Elmer F. BurrElmer F. Burr
Elmer F. “Skip” Burr, 80, of Rutland, died Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
Born in Pittsfield, Vt., July 19, 1932, he was the son of Desmond and Mildred (Fifield) Burr.
He was a U.S. Air Force veteran, serving in the Korean conflict.
Mr. Burr was an iron worker, building bridges for many major roads in the Northeast.
He enjoyed baseball, fishing, repairing lawn mowers and carpentry.
Survivors include two siblings, Peg Jones of Albany, N.Y., and Frank Burr of Alaska; and several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by three siblings, Wilbur, Irene Townsend and Wilma Sweeney Flaherty; and a half-sister, Marylee.
The graveside service will be at a later date in Pittsfield Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home in Poultney.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.