Woman succumbs to crash injuriesFebruary 19,2013Woman succumbs to crash injuries
GUILFORD — An elderly Dummerston woman died last week from injuries she received three days earlier in a car crash on Weatherhead Hollow Road.
Vermont State Police said Jean Anderson, 94, died at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Feb. 10, three days after the Feb. 7 accident.
Police said Mary Evelyn Lunge, 62, of Hinsdale, N.H., said she fell asleep and hit a tree during the midday accident. Lunge received a concussion in the accident, as well as cracked ribs. Anderson was airlifted to the Lebanon, N.H., hospital for more serious injuries.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.