Health care facility to evacuate 89 after furnace blowbackFebruary 19,2013Staff Report
Rutland Health and Rehabilitation Center plans to evacuate residents after a blowback from the furnace sent two maintenance workers to the hospital for burn treatment, according to Lieutenant Miles with the Rutland City Fire Department.
A loss of heat at the facility has prompted the evacuation of 89 residents, according to Deputy Fire Chief Brad LaFaso. They will be transported to both the Pines and Rutland High School.
Rutland High School has offered buses to assist with the evacuation, Miles said. Fabian Earth Moving also offered tractor-trailers to move beds out of the facility.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.