Health care facility to evacuate 89 after furnace blowbackFebruary 19,2013Staff Report
Rutland Health and Rehabilitation Center plans to evacuate residents after a blowback from the furnace sent two maintenance workers to the hospital for burn treatment, according to Lieutenant Miles with the Rutland City Fire Department.
A loss of heat at the facility has prompted the evacuation of 89 residents, according to Deputy Fire Chief Brad LaFaso. They will be transported to both the Pines and Rutland High School.
Rutland High School has offered buses to assist with the evacuation, Miles said. Fabian Earth Moving also offered tractor-trailers to move beds out of the facility.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation