Mary E. MurphyFebruary 19,2013Mary E. Murphy
Mary E. Murphy, 90, of Rutland and formerly of Lynn, Mass., died Feb. 14, 2013, at Rutland Health and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Lynn Feb. 23, 1922, the daughter of William and Margaret (Ryan) Murphy.
Miss Murphy enjoyed doing needlepoint and walking.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by two siblings, John Murphy and Catherine Finnigan.
Visitation will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Cuffe-McGinn Funeral Home, 157 Maple St. in Lynn, where the Mass will follow at 10:30 a.m. at St. Pius V Church.
Private burial will be at a later date in St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
For online register, visit www.cuffemcginn.com.
Local arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.