Man charged in Randolph crashFebruary 18,2013RANDOLPH — A 19-year-old Vermont man is being held on $25,000 bail for drunken driving and other charges following a crash that seriously injured two passengers in his pickup.
Vermont State Police say Kyle Larrabee of Roxbury was behind the wheel when he crashed into a guardrail in Randolph at about 4 a.m. Sunday.
Police say Larrabee was running away from the crash scene down an embankment when Randolph officers arrived.
Officials say 21-year-old Eric Parker, of Barre, was hospitalized with serious facial injuries, and that a female passenger sustained potential life-threatening injuries.
Police say Larrabee is charged with driving under the influence with serious injury resulting, gross negligent operation, leaving the scene of an accident and driving with a suspended license.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.