Man charged in Randolph crashFebruary 18,2013RANDOLPH — A 19-year-old Vermont man is being held on $25,000 bail for drunken driving and other charges following a crash that seriously injured two passengers in his pickup.
Vermont State Police say Kyle Larrabee of Roxbury was behind the wheel when he crashed into a guardrail in Randolph at about 4 a.m. Sunday.
Police say Larrabee was running away from the crash scene down an embankment when Randolph officers arrived.
Officials say 21-year-old Eric Parker, of Barre, was hospitalized with serious facial injuries, and that a female passenger sustained potential life-threatening injuries.
Police say Larrabee is charged with driving under the influence with serious injury resulting, gross negligent operation, leaving the scene of an accident and driving with a suspended license.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.