Police say man stole JeepsFebruary 18,2013Police say man
State police are looking for a man believed to have stolen several Jeeps in New Hampshire and Vermont, one of them taken from a store parking lot as the owner shopped inside.
Police said the customer at the Hill Store in Dalton, N.H., reported the stolen Jeep on Thursday.
Another Jeep left at the parking lot was believed to have been driven there by the suspect. It was reported stolen out of St. Johnsbury, Vt.
Police said the Jeep taken from the store was last seen headed toward Lancaster, N.H., At about 6:10 p.m. Thursday, Lancaster police received a report of a stolen Jeep from a Jiffy Mart store.
— The Associated PressMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.