Police say man stole JeepsFebruary 18,2013Police say man
State police are looking for a man believed to have stolen several Jeeps in New Hampshire and Vermont, one of them taken from a store parking lot as the owner shopped inside.
Police said the customer at the Hill Store in Dalton, N.H., reported the stolen Jeep on Thursday.
Another Jeep left at the parking lot was believed to have been driven there by the suspect. It was reported stolen out of St. Johnsbury, Vt.
Police said the Jeep taken from the store was last seen headed toward Lancaster, N.H., At about 6:10 p.m. Thursday, Lancaster police received a report of a stolen Jeep from a Jiffy Mart store.
— The Associated Press
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.