Police say man stole JeepsFebruary 18,2013Police say man
State police are looking for a man believed to have stolen several Jeeps in New Hampshire and Vermont, one of them taken from a store parking lot as the owner shopped inside.
Police said the customer at the Hill Store in Dalton, N.H., reported the stolen Jeep on Thursday.
Another Jeep left at the parking lot was believed to have been driven there by the suspect. It was reported stolen out of St. Johnsbury, Vt.
Police said the Jeep taken from the store was last seen headed toward Lancaster, N.H., At about 6:10 p.m. Thursday, Lancaster police received a report of a stolen Jeep from a Jiffy Mart store.
— The Associated Press
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.