Woman jailed on drug chargeFebruary 18,2013Police said a Rutland woman wanted for failing to appear at her arraignment for crack cocaine possession was in possession of crack cocaine during a traffic stop Friday night.
Shortly before midnight, police stopped Chantelle M. Dewey, 33, on Curtis Avenue after recognizing her and knowing she had an active arrest warrant for not showing up Feb. 11 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of possessing crack cocaine, narcotics and marijuana, stemming from an incident Dec. 13.
After executing a search warrant on Dewey’s vehicle Saturday, police allegedly found 5 grams of crack cocaine. Sunday, police located Dewey on State Street and charged her with felony possession of crack cocaine. Police also charged Dewey with violating the conditions of her release on prior charges of unlawful mischief and disorderly conduct.
Dewey was held in Rutland jail on $25,000 bail and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.