Woman jailed on drug chargeFebruary 18,2013Police said a Rutland woman wanted for failing to appear at her arraignment for crack cocaine possession was in possession of crack cocaine during a traffic stop Friday night.
Shortly before midnight, police stopped Chantelle M. Dewey, 33, on Curtis Avenue after recognizing her and knowing she had an active arrest warrant for not showing up Feb. 11 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of possessing crack cocaine, narcotics and marijuana, stemming from an incident Dec. 13.
After executing a search warrant on Dewey’s vehicle Saturday, police allegedly found 5 grams of crack cocaine. Sunday, police located Dewey on State Street and charged her with felony possession of crack cocaine. Police also charged Dewey with violating the conditions of her release on prior charges of unlawful mischief and disorderly conduct.
Dewey was held in Rutland jail on $25,000 bail and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?