Woman jailed on drug chargeFebruary 18,2013Police said a Rutland woman wanted for failing to appear at her arraignment for crack cocaine possession was in possession of crack cocaine during a traffic stop Friday night.
Shortly before midnight, police stopped Chantelle M. Dewey, 33, on Curtis Avenue after recognizing her and knowing she had an active arrest warrant for not showing up Feb. 11 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of possessing crack cocaine, narcotics and marijuana, stemming from an incident Dec. 13.
After executing a search warrant on Dewey’s vehicle Saturday, police allegedly found 5 grams of crack cocaine. Sunday, police located Dewey on State Street and charged her with felony possession of crack cocaine. Police also charged Dewey with violating the conditions of her release on prior charges of unlawful mischief and disorderly conduct.
Dewey was held in Rutland jail on $25,000 bail and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.