Police arrest alleged fugitiveFebruary 18,2013READSBORO — Police said a man found sleeping on the porch of a Tunnel Street residence Friday night is a fugitive from another state.
Around 11 p.m., police responded to a complaint from a homeowner stating an intoxicated man was asleep on the homeowner’s porch. Police learned the sleeping man, Jessey L. Deitner, 56, of North Adams, Mass., was wanted in Massachusetts for violating an abuse prevention order.
Deitner was being held in Rutland jail on $15,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in Bennington criminal court as a fugitive from justice.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation