Vt. Chamber of Commerce seeks nominations for top businessThe Associated Press | February 18,2013MONTPELIER — The Vermont Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for the 2012 Deane C. Davis Outstanding Business of the Year Award.
The chamber and Vermont Business Magazine created the award in 1990 to recognize and honor Vermont’s best companies. It’s named for former Vermont Gov. Deane Davis.
The award recognizes a business that shows an outstanding history of sustained growth while displaying an acute awareness of what makes Vermont unique. Recent award winners include the Foley Family of Companies, Small Dog Electronics and BioTek Technologies.
The application deadline is March 1.
Finalists will be announced in early May. The winner will be announced May 22.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?