Vt. Chamber of Commerce seeks nominations for top businessThe Associated Press | February 18,2013MONTPELIER ó The Vermont Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for the 2012 Deane C. Davis Outstanding Business of the Year Award.
The chamber and Vermont Business Magazine created the award in 1990 to recognize and honor Vermontís best companies. Itís named for former Vermont Gov. Deane Davis.
The award recognizes a business that shows an outstanding history of sustained growth while displaying an acute awareness of what makes Vermont unique. Recent award winners include the Foley Family of Companies, Small Dog Electronics and BioTek Technologies.
The application deadline is March 1.
Finalists will be announced in early May. The winner will be announced May 22.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.