Mary E. SearsFebruary 16,2013Mary E. Sears
Mary E. Sears, 88, of Rutland, a former resident of Bomoseen, died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare.
She was born Dec. 30, 1924, in Hinesburg, the daughter of Charles and Caroline (Benedict) Emmons.
Survivors include four children: Larry Sears of Rutland, Harold Sears of Bomoseen, Jeanette Colburn of Port Henry, N.Y., and Douglas Sears of New Smyrna Beach, Fla.; nine grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, and four great-great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Frederick, and by three grandchildren.
There are no visiting hours.
Burial will be at a later date in Maplewood Cemetery in Huntington.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Program at RRMC, c/o Rutland Health Foundation, 435 West St., Rutland, VT 05701, or to a charity of one’s choice.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.