Man arrested more than 2 years after warrantThe Associated Press | February 16,2013BURLINGTON — The U.S. Marshals Service says a man wanted on a sexual assault charge in Vermont since October 2010 has been arrested in Kansas.
Authorities said Aly Tran was charged with aggravated sexual assault on a minor. The alleged assault happened in Burlington in 2003; it was reported to the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations in 2010.
A warrant for the arrest of the 45-year-old Tran was issued; his whereabouts were unknown.
He was arrested Thursday in Holcomb, Kan., on a charge of being a fugitive from justice, authorities said.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.