Man arrested more than 2 years after warrantThe Associated Press | February 16,2013BURLINGTON — The U.S. Marshals Service says a man wanted on a sexual assault charge in Vermont since October 2010 has been arrested in Kansas.
Authorities said Aly Tran was charged with aggravated sexual assault on a minor. The alleged assault happened in Burlington in 2003; it was reported to the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations in 2010.
A warrant for the arrest of the 45-year-old Tran was issued; his whereabouts were unknown.
He was arrested Thursday in Holcomb, Kan., on a charge of being a fugitive from justice, authorities said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,