Police investigate Rutland robberyFebruary 15,2013Police investigate
bike path robbery
Police are searching for a man involved in a reported robbery on the bike path behind Rutland Shopping Plaza early Thursday morning.
A woman walking on the path behind Walmart at about 4:10 a.m. told police she was confronted by a man who took an undisclosed amount of money and her iPhone, which was in a pink case.
The man was described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160 to 180 pounds. He was described as having a muscular physique and a round face with a goatee. The man appeared to be in his late 20s to early 30s and was wearing jeans and a dark hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call Rutland City Police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield. 0News Editor Alan Keays, staff writer Darren Marcy and Sports Editor Bob Fredette discuss some of... Full StoryStaff Report Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.