Police investigate Rutland robberyFebruary 15,2013Police investigate
bike path robbery
Police are searching for a man involved in a reported robbery on the bike path behind Rutland Shopping Plaza early Thursday morning.
A woman walking on the path behind Walmart at about 4:10 a.m. told police she was confronted by a man who took an undisclosed amount of money and her iPhone, which was in a pink case.
The man was described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160 to 180 pounds. He was described as having a muscular physique and a round face with a goatee. The man appeared to be in his late 20s to early 30s and was wearing jeans and a dark hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call Rutland City Police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned for the Thursday, July 10, 2014, edition of the newspaper: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned... Full StoryCASTLETON — For the first time in 18 years, the Castleton concerts are hitting the stage... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.
- Demolition of blighted property on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: John Surratt lives as free man until his natural death in 1914, sliced bread sold on this day in 1928 for the first time in history, model and actress Virginia Rappe born this day in 1891, Roscoe Arbuckle's career collapses.