Okemo’s high-flying Huckfest fun, 11 a.m. SaturdayFebruary 15,2013Okemo’s Huckfest 11 a.m. Saturday
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort’s Huckfest is back for some high-flying fun at 11 a.m., Saturday on Okemo Mountain’s Lower Chief ski trail.
Skiers and riders will launch themselves off a snowy ramp into the air and land on a giant inflated pillow, similar to the ones used by Hollywood stuntmen. Cash and prizes will be awarded for the best tricks and biggest air and the competition is open to everyone.
Tickets are $5 a jump or three for $12 and can be purchased at Clock Tower Base Lodge or at the mountain ticket booth near the base of Okemo’s Northstar Exress Quad chairlift. The event will broadcast live at www.okemo.com.
For more information call 228-1600.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield. 0News Editor Alan Keays, staff writer Darren Marcy and Sports Editor Bob Fredette discuss some of... Full StoryStaff Report Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.