Okemo’s high-flying Huckfest fun, 11 a.m. SaturdayFebruary 15,2013Okemo’s Huckfest 11 a.m. Saturday
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort’s Huckfest is back for some high-flying fun at 11 a.m., Saturday on Okemo Mountain’s Lower Chief ski trail.
Skiers and riders will launch themselves off a snowy ramp into the air and land on a giant inflated pillow, similar to the ones used by Hollywood stuntmen. Cash and prizes will be awarded for the best tricks and biggest air and the competition is open to everyone.
Tickets are $5 a jump or three for $12 and can be purchased at Clock Tower Base Lodge or at the mountain ticket booth near the base of Okemo’s Northstar Exress Quad chairlift. The event will broadcast live at www.okemo.com.
For more information call 228-1600.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.