Okemo’s high-flying Huckfest fun, 11 a.m. SaturdayFebruary 15,2013Okemo’s Huckfest 11 a.m. Saturday
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort’s Huckfest is back for some high-flying fun at 11 a.m., Saturday on Okemo Mountain’s Lower Chief ski trail.
Skiers and riders will launch themselves off a snowy ramp into the air and land on a giant inflated pillow, similar to the ones used by Hollywood stuntmen. Cash and prizes will be awarded for the best tricks and biggest air and the competition is open to everyone.
Tickets are $5 a jump or three for $12 and can be purchased at Clock Tower Base Lodge or at the mountain ticket booth near the base of Okemo’s Northstar Exress Quad chairlift. The event will broadcast live at www.okemo.com.
For more information call 228-1600.MORE IN This Just InRutland's mystery water leak has been found and fixed, but how it happened remains a mystery, as... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.